One of the latest captivating movies in 2022, the movie Puss In Boots: The Last Wish stands out above all. Looking for a movie that will keep your eyes glued to the screen, this is an interestingly intriguing one. In this article, we are going to let you in about the movie, plus reviews and recommendations. Yeah, everything you need to know, without putting you on hold let’s get right to it.
The movie was released to the theatres on December 21, 2022, and DVD/streamed on January 6, 2023. Produced by DreamWorks Animation, the movie was made as a sequel to its prequel, Puss in Boots which was a 2011 movie. It was distributed by the popular company, Universal Pictures and it is the sixth in the SHREK animated movie series.
Some of the characters in Shrek also have their appearance was known in Puss In Boots: The Last Wish. So, if you followed Shrek, you are sure to love this awesome movie. If you did not, be prepared to have your eyes full of the action-packed movie.
2. THE MOVIE STORY
The story centers on the cat Puss in Boots, acted by Banderas Antonio, as he goes on a mission to locate the mystical last wish in order to restore his lost eight lives out of nine. He wasn’t alone, as his friends accompanied him on this mission, the beautiful Kitty Softpaws and of course the chihuahua Perrito. The brave cat faces different challenges that threatened to take him out and stop him from achieving his goal, the biggest of them all is the dangerous and intimidating wolf who has the determination to cut off his last life. The fearless became fearful, the hunter hunted, and the predator became the prey, running and hiding until he overheard a discussion about a map that can take him to the Last Wish, where he can if successful, regain his lives back. Without wasting time, he set off, meeting new threats and well, an old flame.
3. THE MOVIE CASTS
The casts include;
- Antonio Banderas
- Harvey Guillén
- John Mulaney
- Salma Hayek Pinault
- Florence Pugh
- Samsung Kayo
- Anthony Mendez
- Wagner Moura
- Olivia Colman and
- Divine Joy Randolph
4. REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Puss in Boots: The Last Wish is an excellent high definition of quality animation that adults will love to watch, well almost all. For kids, it’s also a good carton, though it might be a bit frightening to them. Some kids will actually want to stay and watch from the beginning to the end with great enthusiasm, others will watch with their hair standing on their backs, especially the sight of the intimating wolf. If your kid is a fearful little one, you might want to put him or her to bed if you don’t want to be mopping up tears all night. Let’s list out the highlights of the movie:
- Genre: Basically Family and Kids, Adventure, Comedy
- Language: Apart from the English spoken words: there’s also Spanish. There are also words that can be a little vulgar and insulting for kids. Words like ‘wuss’, ‘stupid’, ‘jerks’, ‘idiot’, ‘butt’, ‘hell’, and so on, so you as an adult should create a language barricade.
- Message: The major message passed is about the importance of family. Perrito made this very clear and well, family is not only those bonded by blood but even those we love and who love us. Life is beautiful when we are surrounded by those we are connected with by love. As they say, there is strength in the family.
- Model: This one is both negative and positive. Puss finally got to understand those he loves and cares for, even though most of the time he doesn’t show it. Kitty learned to let go of personal resentment and to work as a team. The three bears are sure troublemakers, yet they show the strength of family. Perrito showed the true meaning of loyalty.
- Action/Violence: The movie is packed with scenes of action, fighting, and scary moments added with a sprinkle of violence. Puss in Boots is killed in one of the early scenes and he is resurrected. He then goes back to show the viewers how he died eight times. There are scenes of explosions, knives, swords, falls, and so on. Scarier than the devil is the wolf who aimed to take one last life Puss. I mean, Who does that?
- Love/Romance: Oh yeah, guess the two parties involved? Puss and Kitty of course
Puss in Boots: The Last Wish is a movie of magic and adventure. The movie is really great and we are sure you’ll absolutely love it. Kids sure love animal scenes and cartons, there are cats, dogs, and surprisingly mice.
Yet, among the fights, challenges, and threats, friendship and teamwork reign. Did you know, at the 80th Golden Globe Awards and 28th Critics’ Choice Awards, the movie was actually nominated for Best Animated Feature Film? I bet you don’t.